go welcome page  

Circle Genealogic and Historic Champanellois

Association "Law 1901" of Saint-Genès-Champanelle, 63 , France

go patrimony page

History of the parish

In fact, at the end of the Middle Ages, 3 parishes divides the villages of Saint-Genès-Champanelle.

The parish of Saint-Genès-Champanelle of which here the parochial registers
which had been deposited by the commune at the departmental records before 1999.

shelf mark : 6E 364/1   BS   1599-1600
    BS   1601-1604
    BS   1605-1606
    BS   1608-1609
    BS   1610-1611
    BS   1618
    BS   1619-1620
    BS   1623-1624
    BS   1630-1632
    BMS   1668
    BMS   1674-1675
    BMS   1730
    BM   1734
    BM   1777
    S   1777
    BM   1791
    S   1791

The parish of Saint-Nicolas or Notre Dame of Laschamps of which here the parochial registers
which had been deposited by the commune at the departmental records before 1999.

shelf mark 6E 364/2   BS   1601-1602    
    B   1603-1604    
    BS   1605-1606    
    BMS   1739-1747    
    BM   1748-1789    
    S   1748-1789    
    BM   1790-1791   relié avec 6E 364/12
    S   1790   relié avec 6E 364/12

The documents available thus go up at the 17th century although discontinuous.

The third parish is that of Chanonat of which depended the villages of Nadaillat, Theix and Fontfreyde which always had more relations
with the communes of Aydat and of Saint-Saturnin, which is checked by consideration
of the origine of the husbands external at these villages village which, in majority, came from these 2 communes.

B = baptism   M = marriages   S = last sacraments

Registers of catholicity since 1793

series of the diocese BMS deposited at the departmental records

Parish of Manson

shelf mark : 33 J 696 1802-1829      

Parish of Nadaillat

shelf mark : 33 J 697 1837-1852, 1854-1899  

Parish of Theix

shelf mark : 33 J 698 BMS 1808-1810, S 1835, BMS 1839-1899  

Parish of St-Genès-Champanelle

shelf mark : 33 J 699 1808, 1812-1813, 1818-1826, 1834-1858  
shelf mark : 33 J 700 1859-1899  

Parish of Beaune

shelf mark : 33 J 701 1834-1835, 1837, 1839, 1841-1842, 1846-1856, 1858-1899

History of the church of Beaune-le-chaud

[according to document posted in the church of unknown author]

".... On a unknowm date, one would have found a statue of the Blessed Virgin in a fountain, one transferred it onto a nearby hillock.

According a manuscript of 1747, it wouldhave taken seat in the vault of the castle which had in this place the lord of Laqueuille.

At the revolution, the castle being in ruin, the vault was repurchased by the inhabitants ofthe village who, after the legalstatement (concordat), mde it repair and placed the ND statue there that they had saved.

Later, Beaune had a priest. The ND pilgrimage of Beaune was very attended before the revolution and one put it on the same foot as that one of ND of Orcival or of ND of the Port at Clermont.

The last priest who lived in Beaune, left the village in 1929. ...."

The presbytery situed close to the church is currently in ruins following a fire in 1964.

Principal Dates concerning the tomb of Thèdes

[data collected in article of the municipal bulletin]

December 30, 1943

The heiress of this monument give it to the association of the diocese of Clermont-Ferrand; The tomb is degraded quickly; the inhabitants ofthe village make a petition then so that the commune becomes owner of the monument.

January 17, 1985

The association f the diocese yields free (or for honest a symbolic system) the monument to the commune of Saint-Genès-Champanelle.

April 22, 1995

The vault was inaugurated after a phase of restauration.

last update on Dicember 16, 2000

* [ back to the story of the village of Thèdes ] * [ back to the welcome page ] *


listed crosses 59
old postcards of the commune 153
old postcards except commune 47
old postcards of Puy de Dôme 118
associations listed on the commune 186
Gordon-Bennett Cup 74


go welcome page  

go patrimony page



All right reserved - 1999 - 2023 - Design & Production Bruno FUNGENZI