Circle Genealogic and Historic Champanellois
Association "Law 1901" of Saint-Genès-Champanelle, 63 , France
History of the village of Theix
extract of Grand dictionnaire historique du département du Puy-de-Dôme of Ambroise TARDIEU, 1877.
The field of the castle of Theix
One of the owners of the castle had installed on the property a pisciculture intented for the alevin breeding.
The electric factory
|The owner of the castle had made build "an electricfactory" which produced electricity thanks to two turbines with water supplied by the ponds of the castle. He had granted the privilege tohis employees living Theix, to use a bulb to light, which made of Theix the first village of Auvergne have electricity, non-existent equipment in the countryside at this time.|
* [ see the page devoted to the electric factory ] *
The telegraph of Theix
|A few people knows the existence of this
megalith which rests lengthened close the entry of the
cemetery of Theix. It consists of pozzolana
which is a stone far from dense whereas the other
menhirs of the departement are done evrything of
granit or basalt. One can notice three christian
cosses engraved which tends to make suppose
that one has to try to christianyse it. They are students
in history come from Clermont-Ferrand, at the end of the 19th century,
which recalled to the inhabitants of Theix its
presence which had been almost lost. They had found the
trace of this monument in texts which we alas did not find until now the references.
This megalith even failde within sight of its modesty being put at the discharge at the time of road works specified us one living Theix, but thanks to the intervention of volontary people, it found its place habituelle close to the entry of the cemetery.
The national road 89 in Theix
of the beginning
of the XXth
Dairies of Theix
The first diary was what of the castle, two others made it competition, that of family TOURY and that named Laiterie of the mountain. The latter was just behind current bakery. When the legislation imposed the pasteurization of milk, it used a very artisanal process : the cooling in the brook Auzon. One heated beforehand milk in cans then one abruptly immersed them in the brook to carry out pasteurization.
The dairy of the castle, "more modern", used a specific apparatus as one can see it on the postcard praising the quality of his milk.
* [ see analysis of the postcard of the dairy of the castle ] *
|At the southern exit of Theix in direction of Nadaillat, one can see from the road, a large rock which the children had the practice to call "the chair".|
The "coursière" (way) of Theix to the borough of Saint-Genès-Champanelle
|Close to the pharmacy of Theix, an attentive observer would have noticed a narrow passage of approximately one meter, wedged between two nettings which leaves in direction the ponds the castle. It acts of the departure of the "coursière" who allows the inhabitants of Theix, moreover more than one hundred years according to some, to go to foot of their village to the borough of Saint-Genès-Champanelle while reducing to just the distance to traverse, without making the outer loop of the secondary road. The "coursière" crosses the park of the castle while going along the ponds, then the old farm and goes up then, always framed by two barriers, to join the MINOR ROAD52 little after the entry of the I.N.R.A.|
|old postcards of the commune||153|
|old postcards except commune||47|
|old postcards of Puy de Dôme||118|
|associations listed on the commune||186|
|Gordon Bennett Cup||74|
All rights reserved - © - 1999 - 2020 - Design & realization Bruno FUNGENZI